1. We moved into our apartment in downtown Tacoma! We are loving it and are within walking distance to restaurants, shops, the grocery store, the sound, and weekly farmer's markets that I frequently visit.
2. We shared our 1yr. anniversary in Seattle and enjoyed a nice romantic weekend. We both can not believe that one year has passed already! Seems like yesterday....
3. We attended PJ (Marc's brother) and Eileen's wedding the beginning of July which was beautiful! We had a blast seeing family and loved watching those two get hitched :)
4. My brother came into town for a quick visit and we spent the weekend in Portland, Oregon visiting uncles, cousins, and my grandfather, all on my dad's side, and enjoyed the Portland Beer Festival. Basically a big park in downtown Portland filled with numerous beer vendors and beers to try from around the world. A good few hours there and we (Marc and I and my cousins, not dan haha) left feeling like true beer connoisseurs. I loved spending time with my bro, you can always count on him to bring the laughter.
5. My mom and the Lahnert's paid a visit the following week and we engaged in all the typical touristy stuff and loved spending time with them. Unfortunately during that time I also had to spend time in the hospital for some pain. Thanks Dave for keeping us company during the hospital stay, I will never forget the look on your face after the doctor almost caught you blowing up the hand gloves and making puppets out of them :)
6. My dad left his job at Starbucks and my mom and him drove back to the big square! Long, Long story but basically my dad was frustrated with working for the company with all of their changes and so many people were getting laid off in the corporate office that he feared he was next. My parent's hadn't sold their house, were tired of living apart, and packed up my dad's apartment and drove back! We miss them but are very excited be able to visit CO more now. My dad has since picked up a job with Edward Jones and I know he is going to do great at it!
7. Marc and I took a two week trip to NJ while Marc had some training out there. We visited with his family including a weekend trip up to Massachusetts to see Jared and Adj. We visited their beautiful house, threw back a few beers at the Red Lion, and wine tasted our Saturday away.
8. We bought our first house! It will be built by February or March and we are very excited to move into a bigger place. And, now that we will have a yard, hopefully get a puppy! Picking out everything from dishwashers, to light fixtures, to paint colors is sort of overwhelming and boring at times but we are very excited to have a place to call our own. Two extra bedrooms for visitors as well! (hint, hint).
That pretty much covers the past few months since I last wrote. As you can tell we are very ready to start settling down into our lives and routine after that summer but it was a blast. And as promised, I will work my hardest to keep this updated :)
1 comment:
Hello from the Big Square (Colorado, not the shape of my head). I didn't see anything about your cat being so big that he could not groom himself, and you had to buy him a Richard Simmons video. Of course I would never say that to Rocky's face, as he would sit on me, and it would hurt.
Anyway, miss you guys and can't wait to see you this Thanksgiving. (What, you don't eat no meat! No problem, I make lamb).
DF (Dad Frelly)
Post a Comment